Alloa Golf Club held their 125th anniversary on Sunday 29th May at Schawpark Golf Course with a large turnout of members playing in a “fun day” of golf in glorious conditions on a well presented course.
The Club was founded and registered with the Royal and Ancient in St Andrews on 29th May 1891 and members played at Arnsbrae Golf Course, now Braehead ,before moving to the James Braid designed course at Schawpark in 1936.
The competition was played as a stableford competition with 3 players per team with 1 score counting at holes 1 to 6, 2 scores counting from holes 7 to12, and 3 scores counting over holes 13 to 18 where many teams fell by the wayside. Various prizes were up for grabs with longest drive,nearest pins,and double points scoring on greens with 2 flags.
The Club wishes to thank all members who donated prizes.
Team prize winners:
2nd E.Thomas,D.Douglas & G.Ross